Welcome to Bolton Class!
This half term, we will be looking at:
- DT—We thought it would be great fun to create cross stitch mosaics! This is sure to be an exciting and different way of exploring Roman art.
- Computing– We love using technology in Bolton Class and for this half term we will be using the computers to develop our knowledge of Power point. We will be adding slides, changing backgrounds and to challenge ourselves, some of us may even get on to adding animation.
- PSHCE– This half term we will be developing our understanding of what it means to ‘Become and Active Citizen’. We will discuss rules, making choices that can impact on our community and we will discuss where we can find advice to support our decision making.
- RE - Our key question for this half term is ’Why is the bible important to Christians?’ We will explore the lessons that the Bible can teach us and explore the temptations that Adam and Eve faced. We will also be creating our own books, filled with things that inspire us and encourage us to make good decisions!
- Music— Our song ‘Bring us together’, is a song about friendship, peace, hope and unity. We will continue to develop our use of musical terminology as well as reading music.
- PE—As the weather is sure to become finer, we will be covering ’Games’ this half term. We have chosen to play Handball. During our PE sessions we will develop our passing skills, spatial awareness and team work.
We are very lucky to have resources such as Edshed to support our Spelling and Maths skills. Please continue to encourage your child to make the most of these resources.
In Science this week, we have had fun playing with buzzers, fans and bulbs! We explored complete and incomplete circuits and designed out own hats to help you to see in the dark. We even drew our own circuits!
It is our week on the new equipment and we couldn't be more excited! We have taken full advantage of the sunshine and have thoroughly enjoyed creating races and working together to make obstacle courses! Great team work Bolton and super Golden Values!
In Bolton class this week, we have created stain glass windows to support the retelling of the Easter Story. We also thought about how Jesus must have felt when he was praying in the Garden of Gethsemane.
To recap and revisit our lockdown learning, we have been looking at fractions and representing them through drawings. We have had a fabulous time trying to represent fractions in as many different ways as possible.
We have continued to study plants in Science this week and we have thought about the different steps of the life cycle of a flowering plant. We incorporated Art, PE and Science by drawing and acting out the processes. We even thought about the different ways that seeds are dispersed.
The life cycle of a flowering plant
In RE, we have been learning about why Jesus is inspiring to some people. Take a look at this interview with The Good Samaritan!
Bolton Class appear to have their very own news reporter!
As we have progressed through out non-chronological report writing, we have shown just how fantastic we are at writing! Our newspapers and fact files were incredibly informative and engaging. We even had a journalist read through our newspaper reports, who stated that our use of the 5w's was fantastic!
Today, we have been learning that the candle of a Christingle represents that Jesus is the light of the world and the ribbon represents Jesus' blood. We passed Jesus' light around our class.
Bolton- Geography. We have been learning about different regions of the world. Have a look at what we found out!
Bolton - Geography
Bolton - Geography
Today, we have taken part in Anti-bullying Week. We discussed what the term 'bullying' means and how we can help if we see or hear it happening. We made our own word searches to help us to remember key vocabulary and designed our own superhero capes to show what we would do to help someone who might be hurting.
These are the faces of triumph and celebration! We have spent a great amount of time over the last two weeks learning to read music and play in time with each other. We appear to have achieved it!
We have been learning about the Stone Age. Have a look at our videos about Skara Brae (a Stone Age settlement) which was discovered in Scotland, in 1925.