Welcome to Selby Class remote learning page.
This is where all the work that needs completing will be. Please upload all your child's work to tapestry as this will help towards your child's ELG's at the end of the year.
The EYFS curriculum is a play based curriculum. The learning tasks will be around 20 minutes for each subjects, once your child has completed there daily sessions we encourage your child to play, explore and learn.
Below is a timetable we follow in school and therefore the online learning will follow the same routine where possible.
We are looking forward to seeing all the learning that your child is doing at home!
Below the learning I will add different resources that you and your child may enjoy to do at home.
Virtual Zoo Day!
Here is the link to the Chester Zoo virtual tour day! Sorry it wasn't working for our Zoom!
Monday 8th March 2021
Well not the Monday we were hoping for! However I have got lots of things for you to do to keep you busy until we can get back into school!
This week we are looking at the story 'Zog and the Flying Doctors'. You may have this story at home already or another Zog story!
Today I would like for you to complete some of these different activities:
- Read through the story (there is a video below of me reading the story to you)
- Create your very own dragon.
- Dress up in your favourite character from the book!
- Learn some of the Zog and the flying doctors song (link below).
- Can you draw or write all about Zog with a different job. What occupation would a Dragon be useful for? Perhaps think about other people who help us!
- Think and talk about a time when you thought you couldn't do something but did. Can you draw how that made you feel?
Please keep us updated with your day on Tapestry.
Zog and the Flying Doctors
I will add ideas that we use in the classroom and that you could use at home. These will help with gross motor and fine motor skills while also linking to different topic areas. I will also include arts and crafts, songs and games.